Friday, October 23, 2009

backwards

it is good to realize and understand that, for the longest time, I have been stuck in the past.

Caught up.

Fixated, without really knowing it. it catches me unawares. Or, I was aware, but consciously chose to ignore and pretend that it was not.

It's almost liberating to know that perhaps this is what is hindering me. Holding me back, preventing me from taking leaps forward.

We've all heard that our past will shape our future. But, little did I realize that by using the little experience that I have as a benchmark, how greatly I am limiting my future.

Look beyond oneself, look at the experience of those around me in addition to my own. Seems quite straightforward and quite common-sensical to most, but there are the few of us to take a little longer to realize and catch up.

No comments: