Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heart is Blind

This is such a sad song, but the words cut so deep.
And, before I show the lyrics to the world, I want to tell you about this book that I'm reading. Chris gave it to me on my 19th birthday. Since then I've attempted to read it, but got completely confused and lost in the first chapter of it. I attempted a second time, and i got lost in the second chapter. Now, I'm attempting to read it for the third time, and I've made it to page 153 within a few hours. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is utterly confusing at times, but then you give it a little patience, and the world lights up like a 'ping!'. It's a great book. It's made me want to cry more than twice.

Well, back to:

Heart is Blind - Shania Twain

I hear the slamin' of the door
there you go again.
I can take it anymore
that's just the way it is. Ooh...
But then i listen' to my heart
and the anger fades.
I wanna hold you
never let you go away.

Bridge:
I feel a raging war inside,
a battle between the heart and mind.
But love wins when i close my eyes

Chorus:
The heart is blind,
It will not see.
When hope is gone,
the heart will still believe.
I see you go.
With tearful eyes.
But for the sake of love,
the heart is blind.

I know there's been a lot of nights
when we couldn't sleep.
The words are like a knive,
they cut so deep. Ooh..
But when i listen to my heart
It's deeper than the pain.
I really love you,
that's all that matters anyway.

Bridge
Chorus

I'll always love you.
And hard times will only
make us strong.
If we keep holdin' on.

Chorus and fade

No comments: