Thursday, August 7, 2008

A "not so surprising" Surprise Dinner

I"m sitting here in my boyfriend's apartment, unsure of whether or not I should just go ahead and finish the cooking. Everything is prepared and laid out. The veggies are washed and all cut to the shapes and sizes that I want. The meat has been marinated, and even cooked - but, this still is the preparation portion. I'm making what I feel is more a fail-safe entre for dinner: pasta! I know that pastas can be very complicated, but the pasta that I make are the boil-the-pasta-get-the-sauce-and-add-whatever-else-you-like-to-the-sauce sort of pasta dishes. I also have another simple veggie dish that I know he'll eat. I'm not sure whether he loves it or not. I do know that he likes veggies, and I adore that, because I like veggies too!

So, to let you in on the 'whatever-else-you-like-to-the-sauce', I'm prepared Zuchinni, Fresh Mushrooms and slicked pork thigh (I can't remember exactly where on the pig, and I don't feel like going through trash to look at the label, but it is some part of the leg). The separate veggie dish I'm planning on preparing is Brcolli! Not very creative. Next time, I'll try adding things to the brocolli. Well, I do have an extra package of mushrooms. I think I'll cook them with the brocolli. Perhaps boil the brocolli for a few minutes, then take them out, and stir-fry them with the pack of mushrooms. That's exactly what I'll do!

And, I got him some beer. Hopefully the Guiness Draught is the 'black' Guniess beer that he spoke of.

EDIT: So, later on last night, I asked him if he knew about me making him dinner. And, of course he is honest with me, and tells me that he knew. He knew from the phone call when I got to Davisville subway station. How could he?!?! I hadn't even bought the groceries yet!!! Well, i suppose i'll let him off with his "I am Chris" phrase. And, I believe him.

No comments: