Friday, July 11, 2008

Bereavement

I just learned of my friend's grief and bereavement - the loss of a young relative. 

Although we all know that death is inevitable, and that it's a process of life that all must go though, it's very difficult to grasp. Difficult to believe, and difficult to accept. For me anyways. I may know what it is, and understand it as an eternal loss; but do i really know what it means and how it feels to lose someone forever? No, I don't. And, even when it does happen, I think hope will kick in, and will try very hard for me to not believe that the loss is eternal. 

2 comments:

MsKarenAu said...

i hope your friend finds the strength to learn from this experience. it's hard to accept that someone is gone from your life for good, especially when that person was such a huge part of your life.

you okay?

missylo said...

Thanks Kay,

I agree with you, and I'm alright.