Monday, July 7, 2008

Strawberry Salad & The Hills Have Eyes II

I fixed myself a very nice and large salad this afternoon. And,the craving for salad was completely ignited by Hei and her posts about strawberry chicken salad. So, i made myself a salad!
I had Orgranics Mixed Spring Greens, with 2 slices of hand-shredded ham, sliced and diced marble cheese, freshly cut strawberries, and home-made honey dijon salad dressing, topped with 1/2 of a just cooked boiled egg, walnuts, pecans, and pumkin seeds. It was so good. I So wish I had a camera to take a picture of it. Now, thinking about it - why did i NOT think about my camera, or my iPhone?! But, I wish Hei could have tased it. it was that good. Or, it's just been so long since I had a decent salad, or any salad at all that it's flavour stand out so much. OR, perhaps it's because i made it, and i'm just so conceited. But, regardless of the reason why, it just WAS.

And, after a large bowl of salad, I wanted to watch a movie. The Hills Have Eyes II was the scary movie that I chose for today's bright and sunny afternoon. And, let me tel you - it was scary! What a freak show! Those things were so ugly! ANd, the opening.. was just so disturbing. It's so sick-minded. Surprisingly, there's not too but action, considering the movie being based on military personnel. I'd think there'd be more. And, i find some of the action to be a bit illogical. For example, after shooting a rifle, you would thin kthe rifle remains in one's hands - but, how did she get attacked and strangled without using her rifle again? Did she just thrown her rifle down after shooting him with it? If you watch the movie, you'll understand what i mean, but you'll also have to wait til the end to see it.

Well, the movie defitinaly did it's job for me! I'd give it a 6.5 - 7/10 for a movie. Military-based, ugly creatures, Scary.

No comments: