Friday, July 18, 2008

My Biking Needs Met!

Before I jump into my VERY excited speech about my biking needs, I want to talk about the weather. How 'boring' of me to talk about the weather, but really, I think it's an essential part of today. The Weather Network fore casted thunderstorms in Toronto... but, that is far from what we actually received this afternoon, up until 9.10pm. Anyways, I want to say (from my bright and bubbly point of view) that I thought today's gloomy, yet very warm and humid weather was just dandy!

Earlier this afternoon, I headed downtown (well, mid-town - Davisville/Eglinton and Yonge area), hoping that it wouldn't rain. We went to the Trek Bicycle Store to take a look at things, checked out a few bikes, gawked at the carbon-fibre $6,000CDN road bicycle. It was really nice, and light. Also checked out their hybrid and comfort bikes, took a seat on them and sort of pedaled it in the store. No, luckily I did not hit anything.

Decided to head to another store: Cyclepath, the one where Chris saw the Norco Plateau bike I posted before. And, I took the Bike out for a spin! We were out for quite a while. It was a nice ride, a very easy ride. So easy to pedal up hills. But, wow, was it springy! I rode over some grass, and bounced like a little yo-yo on a string, except I didn't roll back up the string. More like those po-go sticks. My little flaps of meat were flapping their wings - anyways, you get the picture. So, other than that 'springy' sensation, the bike was not bad!

Well, wanting to think about it and to take a Trek Bike out for a test-run, we went back to the Trek store (about 30meters away from Cyclepath). I decided to take the Navigator 2.0 WSD out for a spin. It's a step-through sort of bike, so I don't need to swing my other leg over to hop on, which means I can ride this wearing a skirt!!

After taking for a really good spin, which the sales person suggested so that I could see all it's potential, I really liked it. And, I mean really. I wanted to get it today! I don't think Chris was expecting me to get a bike today. Really, the biking is so smooth, you barely hear a thing when you're pedaling - except for the hum of the spin of the wheels, of course. The bike that I got has different colors than the bike that's linked above. THe guy said it's only been in th store for a week or so. No worries, I'll put up a picture of it when I get the chance to take a picture of it.

And, I got a nice helmet too! Gotta snap another picture of it for you to gawk at. There's hot pink on it. :P
First bike purchase!

No comments: