Saturday, July 26, 2008

Why So Serious?

image credits: image and rights belong to IGN. Copied from IGN: The Dark Knight Publicity Stills Full Size 1997561

The night is dark is just before the dawn.

I watched the Dark Knight last night. And WOW, was the movie LONG. Dang. I kinda wished we didn't watch it last night, and had I known that it were that long, I probably would have declined the watch. The movie was good. Just, a bit too long in my opinion.
[movie show time was 11:10pm, got home at 2.15am]

Heath Ledger, who played "the Joker", was really, very good. It's a shame that we can no longer see his extravagance in future movies on the big screens. I was always a Batman fan when I was a little kid. But, I don't ever recall 'Bruce Wayne' as the snobby kind. Or the 'grand entrance' sort of person. I'm talking about when he got off the helicopter and holding one woman in one arm. Uh, that picture is UGLY. That was not my childhood perception or version of Bruce Wayne.

But hey, this movie is a classic. How can you miss it?! Besides, those scenic views are filmed from my hometown. That's right. The H.K.

No comments: