Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hard to eat

Tis the second day after my wisdom teeth extraction (upper and lower right). The swelling and jaw pain have subsided. Actually, the swelling wasn't as big at all. But, I have developed a pain in my right ear. And, I believe I also have an infection in my lower tooth extraction site. I can't really see anything when I look in the mirror - mainly because I can't open my mouth that wide - and also because I can't find a flashlight in the house. Anyhow, I taste this strange taste in my mouth. It almost tastes like blood, but doesn't have that tannin sting. In the morning, when I discard liquid from my mouth, it's not clear. There's a discoloration. It's more yellowish brown. No blood color from what I can see.

I've decided to take the antibiotics prescribed for me. I was wanting to wait and see if the pain and gooey nasty things would go away by itself. But, after some research on Google with I've decided that perhaps taking them might help any bone or sinus infections that might occur. I guess my recovery wasn't as dazzling after all. I think it was the anesthetics and the painlessness that painted the picture so brightly for me. I stopped taking pain-killers after 12 post-op. I'm tempted to reach for the bottle and pop one in my mouth. The constant pain I get in my ear is rather irritating.

I've been eating Congee (rice boiled with a LOT of water) for the past 2 days. It's difficult to eat bread because it requires so much chewing. I couldn't resist and had one of those buns. It was a BBQ Pork bun. Double the difficulty because not only did I need to chew bread, I also had to chew meat. My jaws were exhausted by the time I was done - but, did it feel good to eat!

After reading a few forums from my Google searches, I want to make mashed potatoes! And, get myself some probiotic yogurt. Hopefully the yogurt will prevent diarrhea (a common side effect of taking antibiotics). I've also discovered that it's hard for me to eat a banana! How can that be possible? They're quite mushy themselves! Turns out that the circumference of the fruit is too large and it's very uncomfortable to bite a piece off. Nibbling is also very inefficient. So, I've decided to MASH it. Reminds me of baking Banana Bread - 3 mashed bananas!

Oh, and I have been unable to reach my Dentist. Just lovely.

No comments: